Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Food Cure For Kids

I don't believe in following gurus but I do like to pay attention.  Sometimes it really pays off.  Great book, published recently by Oz Garcia, PhD, well known nutritionist to the stars and author, and Natalie Geary, MD,  physician author of the popular blog modernmums we have: The Food Cure For Kids.




Quite the interesting read on how to feed and educate your children about healthy food.  Here is Oz Garcia on Fox Five News  discussing the book, the issue of childhood obesity and how we can combat its ill effects.

Online Parents Magazine has an interesting article about healthy snacks for kids.  Even though I don't have kids, I read it periodically.  Knowledge is knowledge wherever you get it.  Their emphasis is health and happiness for future generations.  So that's a good thing all around.  Here's a photo teaser from their health snack article.




Dr. Geary's blog, modernmums, has an interesting article about The Food Cure For Kids in addition to other excellent nutrition information for kids.  Well worth the read.

And something close to my heart which I see becoming more mainstream for kids is yoga.  I've been in and out of it for years and currently am more in it since, for me, is an excellent way to soften the blow of stiffness that comes with aging.  Why not for kids?  And why not for you?  A few links for you with a few interesting people.


Yoga for Kids Silly to Calm

Angel Bear Yoga

I hope this information happily whets/wets your appetite.  Old/new.  Change is a good thing. 

Namaste'

__________________________________________________________________________________
REMINDER:  Check out the jbax Amazon store link in the upper left of the blog......some of my favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment